The crispness of November is upon us. As we prepare for our November Community Meals, we want to provide you with a few updates.
· SHOWUP Showers will be onsite at FUMC parking lot every Tuesday from 8-12 and for the last two Sunday’s of the month from 8-12.
• A portable potty will be added to the shower service.
• We will begin a coat drive to help with the winter needs for our unhoused guests, check the newsletter for more details.
• Sandy Adams and the Prayer Shawl Ministry is making hats and scarfs for our guests! 😁
• The SHOWUP showers will help with clothing distribution as we collect items.
• We are working on a holiday gift bag for our unhoused guests items can be purchased from Amazon Wish List
• We are now serving Tuesday lunch instead of Tuesday dinner which coincides with the showers.
• Glenn Tilton is working on obtaining funding for $10.00 gift cards to support our community. You can contribute to this on our web page FUMC Donation, indicating in the notes that this gift is for Community Meal gift cards.
Through the generosity of this church, we continue service to our community.
• Monthly lunch: Tuesday November 17 at Noon
• Community Breakfast: Sundays November 22 & 29 at 8:00 a.m.
We need brownies, cookies or muffins for these meals if you are interested in baking for 40 guests please contact Roberta at 916-256-0557 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 🎂🍥🍰
We also need volunteers to assist in serving. Please let me know if you are available to volunteer on any of the above-mentioned dates. 😷😷😷😷
Thank you all! It is such a joy to see the support and kindness of this amazing community!!!!!!! 👏