FIRST

UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

Midtown Sacramento 21st & J

Baltimore Chapel

1849-1852

The Baltimore Chapel was the first church building in Sacramento. It was erected on the southeast corner of Seventh and L streets on land donated by John Sutter. The Chapel served as a place of worship for Methodists until June of 1852, whe it was sold to the Children of Israel, now B’Nai Israel. It was destroyed by fire in November 1852.

More articles

SEARCH