Built in 1903
The “New” Central Methodist Episcopal Church was situated in a largely residential district of Sacramento. Two of the stained glass windows from this church are in our present building. One, that of Jesus and the children located in the Friendship Library and the other, the window at the back of the church sanctuary behind the balcony were fashioned in 1903. Central’s name was changed to Grace Methodist Episcopal in 1918 when it merged with the Sixth Street Church (First Methodist Episcopal).